Become a member of AEGEE-Tallinn:
- Become a member of AEGEE-Tallinn. Fill out the membership form.
- Pay the membership fee 15€. NB! If you are interested in applying for a Summer University, you also have to pay an application fee of 2.50€, without that you cannot apply. In total 17.50€.
- Create an account on the AEGEE Intranet and make sure you put AEGEE-Tallinn on “Antenna” slot. This account allows you to apply for a Summer University.
- Done! We will contact you with instructions on how to apply for Summer University.
Apply for Summer University:
- Choose the summer university of your choice from the Summer University Project official website where you can log in with your AEGEE Intranet user name and password.
- If you haven’t done it yet then pay the fee for applying for a Summer University 2.50€ (AEGEE-Tallinn has to pay 2.50€ per applicant to be able to continue funding the project).
- Fill out the application form on the Summer University website and answer the required questions. Participants are selected on the basis of a letter of motivation and answers to the questions, so do your best. Reason why you are a good choice, give praise, joke, tell a story or be otherwise creative.
- Application deadline is noon 2 May, but we recommend that you do not leave it to the last minute to avoid any disruption.
Up to three summer universities can apply at the same time:
- You have the choice of up to three Summer Universities. If you choose three: the system selects only one Summer University to which your candidacy will be sent, the system will take into account the gender, age, origin of the candidates, based on the number of candidates there. If you are sure about your choice you can also apply to just one SU. In this case leave the other slots empty and your application will be sent to your first choice SU.
- A letter of motivation must be written separately for each Summer University.
- You will find out the result of which Summer University your application will be sent to on May 3.
- The final result will be annonounced by 06 May.
- The results will be announced by May 6 at the latest (depending on the Summer University results may appear earlier). You can find the result on the Summer University Project website. Often the organizers will also notify you with a personal email.
- In case you were not selected – not all is lost, one option still remains – “open call”. After May 6 destinations that still have vacancies will be published on the Summer University Project website. Applications to open calls are accepted on a rolling basis, so there are no specific dates. It is up to you to keep an eye out. Usually the first come, first served rule applies. The result of your open call application will be known in a few days.
- You can always withdraw your application even if you have been selected. So if your summer plans may change change, you should rather apply and then cancel the application.
* As a rule, the vast majority of AEGEE-Tallinn members have been selected for their desired Summer Universities. Estonia always has relatively fewer applicants compared to other countries (such as Spain).
The list with all Summer Universities can be found on the Summer University Project official website: